Are you ready to grow? What's holding you back?

Are you ready to grow?    What's holding you back?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Thoughts

How exciting to have, yet another opportunity to learn more about technology, especially when it relates to education and gaining knowledge. The more I learn about technology, the more I realize I don't know! I tend to be a task oriented type of person, who feels a sense of acomplishment every time I complete something and can check it off my list. However, it didn't take me long to realize that technology and my education around it was never going to be checked off. That's okay though, because one of the reasons I went into education was so that I could foster my need to be a life long learner. The constant changes in technology will certainly give me that opportunity.

I am thrilled to learn more about podcasts, from what I know and have seen already, the wheels are turning about integrating them into my classroom. I have used blogs in the past school year to converse with all of my students about their reading. We have had some great book discussions on a blog. Not only is it a great medium for students to contribute to, it also encourages them to listen more to others and respond to their comments. Wiki's are fairly new to me, the idea that we don't just have the experts sharing their knowledge in a one way conversation, but that we have information from many sources that are working together to enrich each other is very exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture - how true!
I too have wanted to use these tools but have been scared. I hate using that word when it comes to technology - I'm supposed to be the leader, not the follower!